8.03.2009

Nonnie Comes To Visit

Avery had a very special visit from my mom last week. She came in for 10 days to swim, snuggle and bond with the little one. I'm sure she wanted to visit with us too but we all know who the real star is now! Dad wanted to be here as well but he was all over California for work for most of the time mom was here. The last time my mom saw Avery in person was when she was 7 weeks old. I was just going back to work off of maternity leave and mom came out to spend time with A and help me with having to go back. She was an absolute lifesaver and it really helped me (and my crazy emotions) leaving my new little one with my Mom first and then the transition to daycare. Don't get me wrong, our daycare is great and I love the ladies that take care of Avery, but I was so worried about my little one. I am sure all new moms are the same way. At that time Avery was just a little eating, sleeping, and pooping blob. This trip was much different for my mom. Avery is now sitting on her own, scooting around, chewing on everything...you know where I am going, she is a mover. Avery is not the same little girl, and she has a wonderful little personality. We have been Skypeing with our families often and this lets them see a piece of the Avery we get to see every day. It is great for everybody to see one another but it is not the same as in person. Mom had a great time getting reacquainted with Avery and bonding. We didn't take enough pictures but I wanted to share a few of this special visit.
Swimming With Nonnie
Having Fun, But Not Too Much!
Snuggle Time
Grandma's Little Doll
We all had a great time and it was hard to see her go but we will be visiting soon. We will get to see my dad (Pop), mom (Nonnie) and my brother Dave. We are so excited and we know it will help pass the time before we get to play again.

1 comment:

  1. The girls' outfits are from JCPenney. I can't remember the brand, but they are their store brand. The outfits are $3.99 each!

    ReplyDelete