Avery turned 8 months old on Saturday. She is getting so big and learning something new every day; people are right when they say that infants are sponges at this stage. She really soaks up everything that is going on around her.
At first I thought these mesh feeder things were so gross, but after I tried it out they really made sense. I highly recommend putting an ice cube in them for teething. Avery is working on puffs and Cheerios as well and is starting to actually get them in her mouth instead of just crushing them up. She loves her sippy cup and has moved from gumming the spout to actually taking a drink or two.


Avery is still doing great at solids and has been working on feeding herself. She loves her mesh feeder with all sorts of foods in it. Last night she had pears and they were a hit, even though she ended up smearing most of them on her face and head!
At first I thought these mesh feeder things were so gross, but after I tried it out they really made sense. I highly recommend putting an ice cube in them for teething. Avery is working on puffs and Cheerios as well and is starting to actually get them in her mouth instead of just crushing them up. She loves her sippy cup and has moved from gumming the spout to actually taking a drink or two.
As you can see from her new pictures she is growing like a weed. My arms are getting a great workout from all the baby lifts I do on the weekend with her. We don't have a well child exam this month, but my guess is that she is around 17 pounds.

Avery is still scooting all over the place and occasionally will get up on her hands and knees but no official crawling yet. Some of these outtakes show that she can turn around in her chair and is working on getting down without a big wipe out. Also, if you prop her up near something she will stand and hold on to it. I have a feeling that these pictures will be harder to take in the next few months.

Funny/Exciting story from last weekend

On Saturday around lunch time Avery took a pretty long nap, about 2.5 hours. I went to check on her because she had been sleeping for so long and she was pretty quiet. When I walked around the corner to her room I saw her sitting up playing with the lovie that had been in her bed! I was SO excited to see that she had gotten into the sitting position all by herself that I busted into her room and started talking to her. BIG mistake, she jumped about a foot into the air and immediately started crying. Poor thing, I scared her to death and all because I was excited that she was sitting up. She calmed down quickly and was back to her happy self and we are still waiting for her to show us how she does it.
Go Avery!

No comments:
Post a Comment