My little baby, or toddler I should say, turned 1 year old just a week ago. In the days leading up to her birthday it was hard for me to imagine that she had been with us coming on a year and then in the next breath it felt like she had been with us for an eternity (in the good way)!
On the morning of the 8th I woke her up to get ready for daycare and as I was giving her a bottle I started to cry. She was no longer the little baby that I had held in my arms almost a year ago but fastly becoming a toddler with a personality all her own. She not known as baby girl Stone but Avery Grace Stone.
She loves it when her Daddy and puppy go outside at night because she can stand at the glass door and look out at them. Avery is a teething monster and has 7 teeth now; 4 top and 3 bottom. This means that she will bite and chew on anything including Dad's shoulder or Mom's knee (true but painful story). She is crawling all over, pulling up, trying to climb and walking around everything. She will let go and stand for a minute but then will fall down. She loves all of the Christmas decorations, including the tree, and will look at them for hours. Avery is eating all table food now and no longer on baby food. She is also on whole milk but the switch was made from breast milk/formula to milk around 9 months. She is such a big girl and we are so proud of where she is now and so proud of where she will go with her life!
Back to the birthday celebration. She wore her special birthday shirt made by B and she looked so cute. The cupcake and the 1 were perfect!

She has not had much sugar at all in her little life so we decided against letting her smash, smear and eat a whole cake by herself. So, I made cupcakes instead with pink frosting and blue lettering. I messed around with several designs including her initials, name and Happy, First and B-Day. They looked so cute and we couldn't wait to see what she would do with one. We lit the candle, sang happy birthday and then let her go at it. She put one finger in, tasted the frosting and then really started to eat. She got all the frosting off first and then started on the cake part. Sounds like she learned well from her Mom, going for the highest sugar content first. She had eaten about half of the cupcake when we decided that she was done before there was an overload on sugar! She loved it and every time I tried to sneak a cupcake after that she would come over and want to share. We opened some presents and then went on with our normal routine. I was so happy that we didn't do anything crazy or big for her birthday. It turned out perfect and just the way we wanted it. The little one and us celebrating together. Of course, if all of the Grandparents and Aunts/Uncles could have been there it would have been great, but we loved it all the same.

Happy (Late) Birthday Little One!

No comments:
Post a Comment