This weekend was a blast. Avery was feeling much better by Friday afternoon so we decided that she might be up to a few new things. On Saturday we tried out her first official solid food, sweet potatoes, and she loved them.

She really seems like she is enjoying eating something different and she liked the sweet potatoes much more than the rice cereal. I am sure if we had the same thing for 6 months straight we would be happy to eat something new too.
She leans into the spoon and opens her mouth every time it gets near her mouth and she is laughing and giggling the whole time. We haven't moved her into her highchair yet but it will be soon. She really likes to arch her back and laugh once she takes a bite. I will have to post a video of it soon because it is hilarious!
Today is Avery's 6 month birthday. I can't believe how big she is getting and what a great little person she is becoming. I looked through some of her newborn clothes this weekend and I can't believe she was ever that small. Actually, some of her newborn clothes were too big for her when we first came home from the hospital!!! What a road it has been. Some good and some bad but I feel that we have definitely survived and made it. There are still days that I can't believe that we have a 6 month old. I will definitely post her official 6 month pictures tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment