6.18.2009

Missing in Action

I have been really slacking on Blogging for the past week. I had my 26th birthday, Avery's 6 month doctor appointment, a busy weekend and the two adults in our family with a summer cold so I guess one or some of those may be used as an excuse. But, we have also been doing some really fun and exciting things with Avery, so as bad as I am feeling I still want to share it all.
She has started peas, her second veggie, and she loves them. I never imagined that it would be this easy to switch over to solids. Avery has liked everything we have given her so far and it has been pretty easy getting them to go down. I know we will eventually run across something that she will not like, but for now she is eating everything.
"Feeding of the green slime has commenced"
Avery has officially moved to a high chair. She loved being in her Bumbo to eat but it was getting hard to get up and down off the floor several times a feeding to get a towel, clean something up, get more to eat...you get my drift.
She loves to sit in the high chair while I am working on dinner or cleaning bottles. I usually roll her into the kitchen and she plays with her toys or watches what I am doing. This gives me a chance to interact with her a little more and get some things done at the same time; I am slowly learning the fine art of multitasking!
I had to include this cute picture of her in her high chair; she looks so small in it.
Avery is also learning how to drink from a sippy cup. You may remember when I got her the cute personalized sippy cup and she proceeded to smack herself in the face with it. I learned my lesson with that and bought her a starter cup with a very soft spout. As you can see in the pictures she has the right idea and is getting more out every time she tries.
Other Avery events to let you know about. Avery took her first swim in the pool. Heath and I were a little hesitant about putting her in but she loved it. The turtle float was a hit and she kicked around and played in the water like she had done it a million times before. I am sure we will be going to our community pool a lot this summer to cool down.
I promise to post a video of Avery tomorrow so you can see how big she is getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment