9.15.2010
Such a Slacker
Ok, so I know I have been a huge slacker when it comes to the blog. I had a friend mention that I did not have any updated pictures of the family and I felt pretty bad. I am sure people think that we dropped off the face of the earth. It’s hard to believe that it has been over 5 months since I have posted anything here. I guess I have a wonderful excuse for being such a bum...the addition if a new baby to the family.
I don’t think I ever put up any information on our blog about our new little one that joined the family. Morgan Riley was born on May 17th around 9am. Of course she is a wonderful new addition to the family. As I post this she is quickly approaching 4 months and has already grown so much.
She was a solid sleeper from the start but she is getting even better. Normally she will get up only 1 time around 3am and occasionally she will throw in sleeping through the whole night. She just went through a growth spurt that had her up once a night for a while so I am hoping now that she is done growing for a little while that she can give me a few more all night sleep sessions.
Morgan is definitely growing faster than Avery did. She is already in 6 month clothes and when she stretches out the footed sleepers are getting a little tight. She can hold her head up and has really started cooing. This past weekend I had to go and check on her in the living room after I had been in the kitchen cooking because she was making so much noise. I thought she was crying but she was just singing to herself…to cute!
Avery has officially made the transition from baby to a full on toddler. I know she made the switch so long ago but it is hard to believe how much she has grown. I guess with the addition of a newborn to the house it makes you notice how much things have changed since the beginning. She is running around the house like a maniac and is talking the whole way. She can say so many words and can really understand everything you say. She likes to choose between “miwlk” and “juce” for a drink, will sign for when she is hungry and will ask to get “up” when she wants to snuggle.
She loves her little sister but I think sometimes she gets more excited about her old toys that are being pulled out of storage. Her eyes lit up when the Bumbo came out but we pacified her with a green “throne” of another sort!
Just this weekend we pulled out the jumper that Avery loved so much and put Morgan in for a little while. Morgan is getting so big that she can already touch the floor and she loved to jump around and hear the sounds. The sweetest thing was when Morgan was is in the bouncer and Avery came over to “show” her how to spin the ball at make the toys light up. Morgan just looked up at her sister and a huge smile cracked across her face…I love it!
We are in the beginning stages of potty training Avery and I hoping that we can have it finished by her birthday this year (or maybe next year depending on how it goes). She loves sitting on her froggy potty with a book but does not really understand the concept of having to take her pants off to make the next step. My bet is that we soon be having a pants free weekend so we can get some good practice in.
I am hoping that even will all the excitement that is happening at our house I can get back to updating the blog. I know that this is the only way some people know what is going on in our life or to see how big the girls are getting.
Thanks for sticking with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment